As I work on finishing the Anarchist Tool Chest project, I needed to finish the carving for the sides of the tills.  Now, I wouldn’t ordinarily carve Poplar if I can avoid it, but this is the wood that was supplied as part of the class.  In parts it was fine, in other is crushed like paper, ugh.

Anyway, I tried a variation of the Fleur pattern I found on an old chest that is at the Met.  I like the little Fleur pattern to fill in the triangle left by the arc.  Pretty cool looking.

Side of the last till, carved in a new variation on the Fleur pattern.

Side of the last till, carved in a new variation on the Fleur pattern.

That should be all the sliding till sides, so now it’s time to start putting them together and finding a while to fit them into the chest.

Getting closer!

Leave a Reply

%d bloggers like this: